Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not So Fast says Devean George

Devean George, one of the aforementioned pu pu platter pieces has blocked the trade sending him to New Jersey by exercising his no-trade clause.

This raises some interesting questions, one in particularly, who gave Devean George a no-trade clause? What GM thought this was a good idea? What agent thought this was a good idea? Does Devean George really not want to be traded, or did he just want to be able to say, “I exercise my no-trade clause” and confuse the hell out of everyone?

I wasn’t a fan of this trade, so this is probably better for Dallas, unless they foolishly give up even more for Kidd. There’s still several days left until the trade deadline, so we’ll see what happens. I like Dallas better without Kidd, but I won’t go as far to say “Devean George saves Mavs Season”…yet.

And I can tell you one person who’s happy, LeBron.

No comments: